- Define and deliver the brand objectives in terms of sales, profits and share of market.
- Strategy Development: Develop the 3 year strategic plan and annual plans including setting objectives, developing consumer & shopper insights, and allocating resources. Provide specific recommendations to Sr. Management. Manage overall brand P&L.
- Annual Plan Development: Develop the brand annual plan leading all internal departments and external suppliers. Lead all aspects of advertising, point of sales, media, local programs and promotion. Define the brand strategic direction, tactical execution and conduct thorough post-analysis of key activities. Lead conceptualization, implementation, and launch of line extensions. Lead multifunctional teams including sales, operations, Consumer Insights, Supply Chain, RD&Q and Package graphics design.
- Consumer Expert: Become the internal expert/brand champion. Maximize the use of marketing research, consumer insights, and secondary sources to develop competitive point of difference for assigned brand/portfolio
- “1 team with sales”: Closely work together with sales teams to develop channel strategy, POB and in-store activities. Review setting of in-market objectives and provide executional input.
- Develop clear objectives for direct reports consistent with company Values and Leadership Imperatives. Train and develop direct report using competencies as a guide, regularly communicate performance as per the Performance Management Process guidelines and make training an everyday priority
- Supports the marketing team members’ joint ownership of the consumer target identification. Assists the Marketing Director in creating an environment that fosters deep consumer understanding that translates into compelling insights.
Brand Strategy and Business Opportunity
- Leads the formulation of the Category/ Brand portfolio strategy by demonstrating strong strategic marketing skills, and synthesizes consumer knowledge to translate into Business opportunities as a part of the Annual Plan & the 3 year Strategic Road map. Assists the marketing director in designing the brand strategy
Activation of Opportunities
- Inspires teams to translate brand strategy into “Big Ideas” in holistic activities and Innovation opportunities. Lead cross-functional teams both in regional and local markets. Manage, influence, convince Marketing Director and peers
• Sees ahead clearly
• Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
• Has broad knowledge and perspective
• Is future oriented
• Can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
• Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
• Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas
• Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions
• Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
Drive for Results
• Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
• Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers
• Very bottom-line oriented
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Will stand up and be counted
• Doesn't shirk personal responsibility
• Can be counted on when times are tough
• Willing to be the only champion for an idea or position
• Is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
Learning on the Fly
• Learns quickly when facing new problems
• A relentless and versatile learner
• Open to change
• Analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement
• Experiments and will try anything to find solutions
• Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
• Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything